The positions are now filled. We accept no more applications for this position.
We are looking for Volunteer Web Developers on ManiaExchange!
We are ManiaExchange. A group of volunteers that consists of Trackmania players from all over the world. We create and maintain some of the game's most essential hubs for ingame content. Next to hundreds of thousands of racing tracks and replay files, we also host 3D models that extend the games' set of building blocks.
Across our 12 websites we accumulate tens of thousands of page visits each day. The most engaged users also use our sites to interact with each other, mainly to rate each others creations, assist each other in questions or simply talk about off topic things. Our websites are therefore seen and used a lot!
Most of us work on moderation and development in our free time. In order to push forward the development of new web pages, including the return of ManiaPark (with all of its past content), we seek new additions to our development team.
- Support development of ManiaPark, a database for 2D & 3D car skins and texture mods
- Create and maintain frontend code
- Extend the backend code to your needs
- Review, test and correct code
- Complete tasks in your own time, without any quota
- You would like to contribute to the largest community website network in Trackmania
- You have very good English skills in writing
- You have an independent way of working
- You are experienced in HTML, JS and CSS (front end)
- You are interested in learning .NET 6 and C# (back end)
- You have some free time in your week and the motivation to write code
- You are willing to make decisions and exchange feedback collaboratively with the crew
- You are a friendly and mindful person
No proof is needed. If you do not meet all the technical requirements listed here, but still want to help with your competences, please apply anyways!
- We have a flat hierarchy
- We communicate in English
- We work on ManiaExchange in our free time
- We communicate through Discord to chat and Trello to track development
- We are available for all kinds of questions and will assist you if needed
- The crew is comprised of developers, community managers, project organizers and players
- .NET 6 and C#
- ASP.NET Core with Razor Pages
- Entity Framework Core
- SQL Server
- Windows Server and IIS
- TeamCity CI/CD
The developer position is without a salary - it looks like a job offer, because we wanted to detail the workloads for you. A major motivation for the team is to support the community that we love, and we welcome others with similar motivations. The experience you gain at ManiaExchange will however be of great value, as you will learn full stack development within a team of highly motivated and experienced software engineers. We will be happy to write you a letter of recommendation for your future career endeavours.
To apply as a volunteer, simply send us an email to admin(at)mania-exchange.com with a little introduction that consists of...
- a personal introduction of yourself and your experience
- your motivation to join us
- and the amount of time you're able to invest into ManiaExchange
Thank you for your interest. You'll hear from us in a matter of a few days.